With Donny van de Beek set to arrive, are Manchester United targeting another new signing?
RB Leipzig defender and France international Dayot Upamecano is reportedly high on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s list as the United manager eyes a partner for captain Harry Maguire.
It could be a busy transfer window for United.
TOP STORY – UNITED WANT UPAMECANO
Manchester United are targeting RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano, according to ESPN.
United are poised to complete the signing of star Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek and the Red Devils are now eyeing further recruits.
While United continue to pursue Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho, the Premier League giants have made French defender Upamecano – who signed a new deal until 2023 – a top transfer target. Upamecano has also been linked to the likes of Bayern Munich and Arsenal.
– Lionel Messi wants to leave Barcelona but his possible move to Manchester City could prove difficult. Tuesday’s Mundo Deportivo claims City will abandon their bid to bring Messi to Manchester if they are forced to pay a transfer fee for the six-time Ballon d’Or winner. Messi feels he is a free agent following the 2019-20 season.
– Fabrizio Romano reports United expect to receive a bid from Roma for defender Chris Smalling, who spent the 2019-20 season on loan in the Italian capital. It comes as the Red Devils eye a new centre-back.
– Sky Sport reports Milan are set to complete a one-year loan deal for Real Madrid’s Brahim Diaz. The 21-year-old Spaniard has struggled for game time since arriving in 2019. Le10 Sport, meanwhile, says Milan are very interested in Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare, who has been previously linked to the likes of United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Madrid.
– James Rodriguez is on the cusp of leaving Madrid for Carlo Ancelotti’s Everton, according to Romano.
– Calciomercato claims Juventus forward Gonzalo Higuain is in advanced talks to join former team-mate Blaise Matuidi at David Beckham’s Inter Miami in MLS.
– Arturo Vidal wants to terminate his Barca contract, says Sky Sport Italia. Gianluca Di Marzio also reports Inter are already in talks about signing the former Juve midfielder.
– France Football says Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly has agreed personal terms with City amid interest from United and PSG.